Sunday, June 24, 2012

Big Day for Baby G

Today was Caroline's big day. We dropped her and her friend, Camille, off at camp. She has been so excited! We left to get there mid-morning and caravaned with Camille's family. I had Caroline ride with Camille in the hopes that she would get excited. It worked! When we got there she was talkative and giddy. I felt like Jason did when she finally went to kindergarten. She bounded up the stairs, turned and smiled, waved at him and bounded into her school. Today she took my hand, drug me through registration, talking the whole time. We took her luggage to her cabin and she immediately set up her bunk. I ran some errands, but she decided to stay in the cabin. By the time I left, she had settled down in her cabin and was coloring with Camille. She gave me a cursory hug,gave her brother one, waved and bounded into her cabin. I felt somewhat bereft. Kind of the way Jason felt when Caroline went to kindergarten.

No comments: